The KM-1000B Kentucky Master Model Mandolin was introduced in the late 1970s in response to players’ and collectors’ requests for a mandolin that harkened back to the best vintage instruments in every point of tone, appearance and finish. Kentucky Master Models are again being constructed to the same standard of quality.
Only the finest American spruce and maple is handcarved and graduated for the tops and backs. Deluxe 14:1 reverse tuners, prewar style ebony bridge and side-striped w/b/w ivoroid body binding all reek vintage. Take a trip back to the early 20s on the Kentucky time machine – it is surprisingly affordable.
- Solid handcarved Adirondack spruce top provides you with superior note clarity and volume to spare
- Solid carved flamed Michigan maple back and sides ensure extra punch
- Slim, flamed maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Premium ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- Gleaming black finish in high-gloss lacquer, perfect in its classic simplicity